Let’s be honest here. Vacuum cleaners are the least thought of product until it’s time to replace them with a new one. But when you’ve thought about buying one, I’m certain that you’ve come to a point between the Shark Rocket vs Dyson V6. It’s like choosing between a Ferrari and a Lamborghini because you can’t decide which one is better. These are both elegant designer cars that are in a league of their own.
But, fear not because I’ll help you with enough information in this article to choose one from the two elite vacuum cleaners based on my thousands of hours of experience while testing each machine. I use the industry preferred ASTM method to test out all my products and similarly for these two spectacular vacuum cleaners as well.
In a hurry?
Aside from all that indecision, here’s a bite-sized information for you…
If you’re in a rush to pick one without worrying about money then, go for the Dyson V6 stick vacuum cleaner. It’s lightweight, portable, cordless, has a dual-mode for cleaning, and all the goodies you want in a good cleaner.
I know that’s not convincing enough for many people to pay hundreds of dollars to buy a stick vacuum cleaner.
So, let’s start by breaking down the features of each of the cleaners.
- 1 Shark Rocket HV302
- 2 Dyson V6
- 3 Which Situation Are They Best Suited For?
- 4 What Features Do They Have in Common?
- 5 What Makes Them Differ So Much?
- 6 What Factors Should I Consider While Buying One?
- 7 Verdict
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9 Final Words
Shark Rocket HV302
Ideally, the Shark is built for pet owners. The Shark Rocket represents a complete vacuum cleaner in itself. I say this because Shark makes more practical and durable products you can buy at a very affordable price.
Even though we are talking about the Shark Rocket, the other models of the Shark lineup also follow the same motto of producing a more robust and dependable product.
Let’s take a look at what it has to offer:
- High Suction
- Anti-Hair and Self-Cleaning Brush
- More dust capacity than other competitors
- Efficiently filters 99.97% of all particles as little as 0.3 microns
- Superb warranty
- Added accessories
- LED lamps
- Allergen protection
- 2-in-1 design
10.24 x 7.09 x 46.1 inches
Corded model so, no need for batteries
Brush ON / OFF
Hard floors, low and medium-pile carpet
Crevice tool, Upholstery tool, Accessory bag, and a wall mount.
Number of Filters
Anti-Allergen Complete Seal
Self-Cleaning Brush Roll
120 Air Watts
71 – 79 decibels
- DuoClean Brush head
- Longer crevice tool than most other brands
- LED lights for cleaning in dark places
- Better cleaning performance on carpets
- No need to switch brushes for a thorough cleaning solution
- No pressure about recharging time and operation time
- Powered lift-away feature lets you clean hard floors with ease
- Operates at a lower decibel than most of its competitors
- Has anti-allergen capabilities owing to the splendid filter
- The 3-in-1 feature demonstrates its versatility and portability
- No HEPA filter
- Filters need to be washed on a regular basis
- Cord is a limitation even though it covers a 30 feet radius
What stands out?
The 3-in-1 feature stands out from all other features in this vacuum that makes it very desirable. Most notably, it has a seal away technology that makes sure the dirt and dust are completely safe inside. Plus, if you want a vacuum that you can carry without having to worry about power, this is the thing for you.
Dyson V6 Absolute is one of the best stick vacuums in the market with zillions of positive reviews.
People will talk about many good features of the Dyson V6. There’s one feature in my opinion that separates all the others in terms of utility. This is the fluffy attachment on the cleaning path. It works like magic and picks up the toughest dirt and all kinds of pet hair. No wonder multiple pet owners love this stick vacuum.
Let’s take a look at some of its features.
- Cyclone Technology
- 7-Cell Energy Packed Battery
- Digital V6 Powered Motor
- Easy Dirt Collection
- Specially Curated from Noiseless Experience
- Easy Configuration and Setup
- Handy Attachment Tools
- Bagless Feature
- Ease of Access in Elevated Places and Corners
- Portable and Lightweight
- Long-Lasting Lithium-Ion Battery
8.2 x 48 x 9.8 inches
2 years on parts and labor
Controls on Handle
Maximum Suction Power (Air Watts)
Maximum Motor Power
Run Time (Regular Usage)
26 minutes (6 minutes on Boost)
Power Cord Included
Number of Filters
Rigid crevice tool, Combination tool, Soft roller as cleaner head, Mini motorized tool, Docking station
Best Working Surface
Carpet, Hard floor
Total Number of Attachments
- HEPA Filtration system filters out 99% of all microscopic germs
- Superb dirt collecting material on the cleaning path
- Easy to reach in narrow corners and high places
- Comes with 2 year warranty
- Multiple types of accessories are included with the stick vacuum
- For cleaning different types of floors, you’ll need to change the brush heads accordingly
- Only 20 minutes of operation time on 3.5 hours of charge
What stands out?
The minimalist design, lightweight, and portability – all these features have made the Dyson V6 an eye candy vacuum cleaner. Plus, the motorized brushes, crevice tools, and other features made it relatively easier to clean all surfaces in a limited time. If you want something minimalistic and simple, Dyson v6 will be the right candidate for you!
Which Situation Are They Best Suited For?
Freedom of use at any place for 20 minutes of regular cleaning and 7 minutes on boost.
Great for use if you have access to a power source and also the 30 feet long power cord is good enough to cover large rooms.
Uses an expensive HEPA filter for filtration and for catching all the debris and microscopic pathogens.
Uses a budget foam filter that is washable and reusable. It’s not as efficient as the HEPA filter but works almost as good as them.
Strong suction considering it is a rechargeable vacuum cleaner. The power is almost close to a standard corded vacuum cleaner.
Shark vacuums are known for their budget features and longevity. Suction is strong like any other corded vacuum.
Good for small home space
Ideal for large home space
Pet hair and dander collection is easy due to the fluffy attachment on the cleaning head.
Reasonably collects the pet hair and dander using its powerful suction and brushes.
What Features Do They Have in Common?
Both Shark Rocket HV302 and the Dyson V6 are of the same build i.e. stick vacuums. So, they are bonded with some inseparable features:
- Max Mode: Both cleaners have a boost mode for further intense cleaning. Dyson V6 works for 7 minutes in boost mode while the Shark rocket can work on boost mode for as long as you need because of its seamless supply of power.
- Handheld Mode: These cleaners can be transformed into a miniature handheld form after separating them from their stick form offering much more versatility.
- Attachment Tools: Attachment tools allow the vacuums to perform with more versatility and effectivity. So, having a wide range of tools for the ceiling, crevices, upholstery, etc. is worth paying for.
- Ease of Use: Maneuverability is important for regularly operating a vacuum cleaner. Fortunately, both of these stick vacuums have swiveling heads and can turn in any direction with ease. Storage is also easy and doesn’t require much space.
What Makes Them Differ So Much?
Both of these top-class cleaners are well known for some distinguished features:
- Weight Distribution: Usually, cordless vacuums are heavy but the Dyson V6 had engineered the body perfectly for even weight distribution. The Shark Rocket, on the other hand, works on a direct power source which relieves it from using a heavy battery as it relies on a power cord for electricity.
- Cordless: Cordless vacuums allow you to work anywhere in your space. It only gives you a limited time of operation. But at least you won’t have to keep worrying about plugging in into the next power source.
- HEPA Filtration: Dyson V6 is equipped with an incredibly functional HEPA filter that seals away 99% of all particles. Plus, the dirt and dust are confidently sealed inside the filter before expelling the air out of the machine.
- Lighting: The Dyson V6 has no LED lights installed on the cleaner. So, it’s tough to work in dark places even though you can add an extra light source but everyone expects less hassle.
- Brush Head: The double brush head is a signature feature in the Dyson V6 while in a Shark Rocket, the DuoClean Brush Head is a unique feature. Also, the Shark Rocket has a bigger brush head when compared with the brush head of a Dyson V6.
What Factors Should I Consider While Buying One?
These are some of the questions you need to consider answering before buying one from the much-debated Shark Rocket vs Dyson V6 stick vacuums.
- Is your home space small or large?
- Do you have many hard to reach corner spaces at home?
- How long does it take for you to clean up your home at one go?
- Do you have a power source in every room and at a convenient spot to be used for cleaning?
- How much money are you willing to spend on your stick vacuum cleaner?
- Do you want a minimalistic and simple cleaning experience or a heavy-duty one?
The winner based on all the features is the Dyson V6.
Choose the Shark Rocket HV302 if:
- You want a hassle-free way to empty your canister.
- You want to seamless cleaning on all kinds of floors.
- Good for cleaning all kinds of pet hair and dander
- The most durable and budget-friendly vacuum
- Click here for prices
Choose Dyson V6 if:
- You want to clean at elevated places
- You want to carry a lightweight and minimalist vacuum
- You want a fade-free cleaning experience
- Click here for prices
Frequently Asked Questions
When and how do I clean the filters?
It should be in your best interest to wash the pre-motor foam and felt filters once a month, or as you need. Also, clean the post-motor filter after every 6 months, or before if you need to do it sooner.
Do I need to buy any additional tools with the vacuum cleaner?
It mainly depends on your need. For most home cleaning, there is no need to buy any separate tools. However, if you need some kind of special cleaning, then you can check out some extra tools.
Can you use the Dyson V6 Vacuum for 220-240v?
Yes, you can. The charger is specified for 110v to 240v.
How long the Dyson V6 lasts after a full charge?
It depends on the amount of power you’re using. Under full power, it will last around 10 minutes.
Can I use the Shark Rocket for dusting off floors?
Absolutely you can. It does an amazing job of cleaning off dust from the floor.
That’s all the thought and information I’ve put into writing this article on Shark Rocket vs Dyson V6. I tried my best to keep it very detailed for you to understand what you are buying from my advice.
In the end, both cleaners are spectacularly good. If you’re fancy and a little skeptical about cords then Dyson V6 is a good pick. Otherwise, go straight for the Shark Rocket vacuum cleaner. It’s more than reliable and lasts for more than 5 years without any headache.