People who have vinyl plank floors often look for ways to keep it safe and clean forever. Vinyl floors imitate hardwood and it is very important to keep the texture new and fresh by vacuuming once in a while. In this 12 Best Vacuum for Vinyl Plank floors review, I am going to talk about all the market leading vacuum cleaners for vinyl plank floors.
Vinyl plank flooring can be expensive but people still use it because of its several advantages. One of the good reasons is that it is waterproof but that doesn’t mean liquid stains can be removed easily. Stains, dirt, and germs can sit on the floor while we don’t realize or see them. It’s better to clean and sanitize floors once in a while to live in a safe household.
It might be difficult to take care of vinyl floors, as bad stains and scratches may ruin the texture. Hence, proper vacuum cleaners should be used to clean vinyl floors safely without damaging it. If you are wondering which type of vacuum or which brand is good for cleaning vinyl plank floors, this article will help you choose the best one. The 12 vacuums that I am going to review are all safe and recommended as the best vacuum for vinyl plank floors.
Remember vinyl plank floors cannot be repaired once it’s damaged. The lifespan of vinyl plank floors is not the same as woods. You should choose a suitable vacuum cleaner for your floor wisely. If you are not interested in checking all the 12 product reviews, we can help you with a quick suggestion that is the iROBOT Braava Jet M6. This vacuum cleaner is very advanced with all modern features.
At A Glance Top 12 Best Vacuum For Vinyl Plank Floors:
It’s time to get started with the 12 best vacuum for vinyl plank floors reviews, let us start the first one with our special suggestion:
|OUR TOP PICK||iROBOT Braava Jet M6||Type: Robot Mop,
Weight: 4.85 pounds
Dimenssion: 10 x 10.6 x 3.5 inches
Warranty: 1 year limited warranty
|BISSELL PowerFresh 1940 Steam Mop||Type: Upright Steam Mop,
Weight: 6.82 Pounds
Dimenssion: 11.6 x 7.1 x 28.6 Inches
Warranty: 2 years limited warranty
|ECOVACS DEEBOT N79S Robotic Vacuum||Type: Robot Vacuum,
Weight: 7.04 Pounds
Dimenssion: 33 x 33 x 7.8 Inches
Warranty: 1 year limited warranty
|Tineco iFLOOR||Type: Cordless Stick wet Dry Vacuum,
Weight: 6.5 pounds
Dimenssion: 10.6 x 9.8 x 43.7 inches
Warranty: 2 years limited warranty.
|Bissell featherweight 2033||Type: Stick, handle and stair vacuum,
Weight: 2.6 Pounds
Dimenssion: 8.3 x 9.5 x 44.25 Inches
Warranty: 2 years limited warranty.
|Hoover power Scrub Elite Pet Carpet Cleaner FH50251||Type: Upright Carpet Cleaner and Shampooer,
Weight: 18.5 Pounds,
Dimenssion: 17.5 x 12.3 x 43 Inches
Warranty: 2 years limited warranty.
|Bissell Symphony 1543A||Type: All in One Steam Mop vacuum,
Weight: 10.6 Pounds,
Dimenssion: 9.75 x 11 x 46 Inches
Warranty: 2 years limited warranty.
|iROBOT Braava 380t Robot Mop||Type: Robot Mop,
Weight: 4 Pounds
Dimenssion: 9.6 x 8.5 x 3.1 Inches
Warranty: 1 Year Limited Warranty
|Dyson DC50 Animal Vacuum||Type: Robot Mop,
Weight: 11.6 Pounds,
Dimenssion: 10.3 x 10.1 x 24.2 Inches,
Warranty: 5 years
|Shark ION F80 Multiflex||Type: Cordless Stick Vacuum,
Weight: 8.51 Pounds,
Dimenssion: 13.43 x 10.24 x 45.98 Inches,
Warranty: 7 year limited warranty
|Bissell 9595A CleanView Bagless Vacuum with OnePass||Type: Upright Vacuum Cleaner,
Weight: 15 Pounds,
Dimenssion: 12.5 x 13.5 x 44 Inches,
Warranty: 2 years limited warranty
|Hoover UH72400||Type: Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner,
Weight: 13.05 Pounds,
Dimenssion: 13.5 x 11.3 x 37 Inches,
Warranty: 5 years
Best Vacuum For Vinyl Plank Floors: Reviewed And Analyzed
1. iROBOT Braava Jet M6
The iROBOT Braava Jet M6 is one of the best robot vacuums for luxury vinyl plank floors. This one is the most highly recommended product from the 12 best vacuum for vinyl plank floors reviews.
This vacuum cleaner is one of the most advanced robot cleaners that work with WIFI, Alexa, and has a smart mapping system.With your voice, you can command this machine to clean your desired areas and also avoid certain areas. The Alexa App or Google Voice Assistant just makes everything easier for you. There are many more advanced features of this model:
- iAdapt Navigation Technology: The M6 model has an iAdapt 3.0 Navigation technology and mapping system that lets the machine know which rooms have been cleaned. It mops and then vacuums large and multiple areas. It can go under objects and furniture and clean the area. You have to attach pads and then it can automatically change its mode. This machine is great for cleaning greasy spots automatically using the jet spray. It has a special edge design which can fit in to clean corners and edges of the house.
- Accessories included: The iROBOT Braava Jet M6 package comes with a1 North American line cord, 1 charging dock, 1 dock tray, 2 dry sweeping pads, 2 wet sweeping pads, and a sample bottle of the cleaning solution.
- Specifications: The dimensions of this product are 10 x 10.6 x 3.5 inches. This item weighs about 4.85 pounds only. This machine requires 1 lithium-ion battery which is included. The mopping pads are washable so you can use them several times. This model comes in white color and designed with smooth edges.
2. BISSELL PowerFresh 1940 Steam Mop
The BISSELL PowerFresh 1940 is a number one bestseller steam mop and steam cleaner for hardwood floors. This steam mop is used for both cleaning and sanitizing floors. Its natural steam power can kill all kinds of bacteria and germs. This machine can clean all kinds of stubborn and tough messes from the floor. Let’s check out some of its features:
Flip down scrubber: The BISSELL PowerFresh mop doesn’t need chemicals to clean the floor, it has its flip-down scrubber and digital steam control buttons. You can choose the steam power- High, medium, or low, according to your need. This machine has a 23-foot power cord which makes it easier to move around the house. It has a swivel steering and it starts operating in thirty seconds.
- Accessories included: There are two types of pads included in the BISSELL PowerFresh steam mop-microfiber soft pad and microfiber scrubby pad. The soft pad is used to clean and sanitize and the scrubby pad is used to break down sticky and stubborn mess. This machine also includes a carpet glider and fragrance discs.
- Pet friendly: The BISSELL PowerFresh 1940 steam mop is not only useful for cleaning but it is pet friendly as well. It can easily pick up pet hair and fur. This machine is very good for households with pets and kills germs making it more safe and clean to keep pets.
- Product specifications: The dimensions of this product are 11.6 x 7.1 x 28.6 inches and the surface is made of sealed hardwood, linoleum, granite, ceramic, and marble. The weight of this machine is about 6.8 pounds with a 16 oz water tank capacity.
3. ECOVACS DEEBOT N79S Robotic Vacuum
If you are looking for the best robot vacuum for luxury vinyl plank floors, this product is exactly what you need! The ECOVACS DEEBOT N79S is a modern robot vacuum cleaner that is designed with voice control. The design of this machine is very stylish and the features are very advanced. There are some great features and characteristics of this vacuum:
- Alexa and Google assistance supported: You can operate this vacuum with the help of Alexa device or Google Assistant App. All you have to do is give commands using your voice.
- Self-operating: The DEEBOT vacuum cleaner can charge by itself and can run as long as 110 minutes. It also has detectors to know where carpets and other objects are.
- Efficiency: It can clean all kinds of hardwood floors and carpets. This robot cleaner can capture all kinds of dust particles and debris. It has a max power mode up to 2X.
- Accessories included: The N79S model has one main brush and two side brushes. This machine can automatically vacuum, sweep, and lift. It can clean in three different modes – Auto mode, Spot mode, and Edge mode. The package comes with 6 A batteries, charging docks, remote, side brushes, air filter, and also extra cleaning tool.
- Product specifications: This robot machine is round-shaped and comes in black color. The dimensions of this product are 33 x 33 x 7.8 inches and, it weighs about 7 pounds.
4. Tineco iFLOOR
The Tineco iFLOOR is a cordless lightweight vacuum cleaner, best for cleaning difficult messes from the hard floor with less effort. This product is highly recommended as the best vacuum for vinyl plank floors and carpet. This lightweight machine can vacuum and wash floors at the same time. Let’s get to know more about this product by looking at the features:
- Versatile and lightweight: You can carry Tineco iFLOOR very easily because of its lightweight, vacuums cleaners are usually heavy but this one is just perfect to carry and lift. Stubborn stains can be hard to remove but, this vacuum cleaner can quickly brush off hard stains and sweep it off using the freshwater. This machine can also capture pet hair and litters.
- Efficiency: Tineco iFLOOR can wash and vacuum any kind of hard floors – vinyl, laminate, marble, tiles, hardwood, etc. This machine has a powerful suction that can clean any kind of loose particles, footprints, and deodorize the floor at the same time.
- Accessories included: It comes with 3 in 1 cleaning tool, charging adaptor, storage stray, and a cleaning solution (which can also deodorize). It has two water tanks, one for the freshwater and another one is for dirty water.
- Cleanability: You can easily empty and clean the water tanks after vacuuming.
- Product specifications: The dimensions of the Tineco iFLOOR are 10.6 x 9.8 x 43.7 inches. It weighs about 6 pounds only, easy to carry around without any cords. This machine needs 1 lithium-ion battery to operate which is included in the package.
5. Bissell featherweight 2033
The Bissell Featherweight 22 is a very lightweight stick vacuum cleaning machine that can be used to clean any kind of floors, carpets, and furniture. You can use this vacuum cleaner on vinyl plank flooring as well. This machine can also be converted into a hand tool. Let’s see what else this machine is about:
- Featherweight versatility: The reason why this vacuum is named “featherweight” is because it weighs about 2.6 pounds only. You can easily lift and carry it around. It can pick up pet hair and litters.
- Efficiency: You can use the Bissell featherweight vacuum in 3 different ways. You can convert the vacuum into a hand tool for cleaning furniture and stairs. It is safe to use on hard floors, counter tables, sofas, and similar furniture. The thin stick makes it easier to clean narrow areas between furniture and corners. The powerful suction is great for picking any kind of dirt or particles very quickly. It can vacuum up stubborn dirt in a matter of seconds.
- Cleanability: The BISSELL 2033 vacuum cleaner is bagless. It comes with a filter that you can empty and clean very easily.
- Product specifications: The dimensions of this product are 8.3 x9.5 x 44.25 inches. The cord length is 15 ft. This machine comes with a crevice tool and floor nozzle for multiple purposes. You can get this product in 4 different colors – black, blue, lime, and purple.
6. Hoover power Scrub Elite Pet Carpet Cleaner FH50251
The Hoover power Scrub Elite Pet Carpet Cleaner FH50251 is a lightweight vacuum cleaner that can be used to clean and shampoo carpets. It has a gentle 360-degree spinning brush and powerful suction that can scrub off dirt and stains from the carpet. It also has a separate mode that can dry off the carpets very quickly. There are many more amazing characteristics of this model:
- Spinning scrubber: The Hoover Power Scrub has two main modes – the Deep Clean mode and Quick Clean mode. The deep clean mode helps to clean the carpets very thoroughly with a good speed. The quick clean mode is a bit faster and it heats up for drying the carpets in 45 minutes. The fast-spinning scrub helps to pick and remove dirt very quickly and it leaves no particles behind. It also has an automatic detergent mixing technique which creates the perfect solution to clean your carpets.
- Cleanability: This vacuum cleaner comes with 25 % larger tanks for both freshwater and dirty water. You can easily clean and refill the water tanks.
- Tools: The Hoover Power Scrub Elite has an 8-inch hose to deep clean difficult areas and 2 in 1 antimicrobial pet tool which is used to remove pet hair and litter.
- Product specifications: The dimensions of this product are 17.5 x 12.3 x 43 inches. The weight of this vacuum cleaner is 18.5 pounds. You can buy this vacuum cleaning with its solution (sold separately)and you can choose from 4 options – carpet shampoo, free and clean solution, oxy solution, pet solution.
7. Bissell Symphony 1543A
The Bissell Symphony 1543A is a steam mop and vacuum cleaner for hardwood and tile floors. This vacuum cleaner can be used to clean delicate hard floors like vinyl plank floors with its microfiber soft pads. It can steam and vacuum at the same time. The Bissell Symphony 1543A is safe for all kinds of hard flooring, it kills 99 % of the germs by sanitizing the floors with its natural steam power. Let’s check out the features in details:
- Cyclonic suction: The Bissell Symphony 1543A has a cyclonic vacuum suction that can pick up pet hair, litters, dust particles very quickly. The steam power is 110 watts and the vacuum power is 400 watts. This vacuum cleaner includes both microfiber soft pad and microfiber scrubby pad. The pads are disposable and can be used to clean any kind of pet messes.
- Cleanability: This machine is very easy to clean. It has a drop-it water tank system that involves dropping the dirty water on its own.
- Accessories included: This vacuum cleaner comes with a microfiber soft pad and microfiber scrubby pad. It also has a detachable mop pad tray and steam boost tray with disposable pads.
- Product specifications: The dimensions of this product are 9.7 x 11 x 46 inches. This machine weighs about 10.6 pounds and the surface is made of ceramic, sealed hardwood, marble, granite, and linoleum.
8. iROBOT Braava 380t Robot Mop
The iROBOT Braava 380t is another advanced robot mop and vacuum cleaner. This robot cleaner has a sensor to navigate around objects and it can clean multiple and large areas. Let’s see what else this machine can do:
- Disposable Swiffer Pads:This vacuum machine has two cleaning modes- the dry sweep mode which moves back and forth in straight lines to capture dirt, and, the damp mop mode which moves deeper back and forth to pull and capture dirt from hard areas. You can change the cleaning modes very easily according to your needs. The iROBOT Braava 380t has a turbocharging cradle that can charge very fast up to 2 hours. You can use this robot vacuum with disposable Swiffer pads.
- Accessories included: It comes with 1 microfiber mopping cloth and microfiber damp mopping cloth, 1 pro-clean reservoir pad, and 1 multi-purpose cleaning pad. The battery is rechargeable and it operates with 2 C batteries which are included. This machine can expand its cleaning range using additional cubes provide by Northstar technology.
- Versatility: The navigation system installed helps to know where the machine is moving. Using the buttons you can change modes and when its job is done, it goes back to where it started operating.
- Product specifications: This robot vacuum cleaner is square-shaped and black. The dimensions of this model are 9.6 x 8.5 x 3.1 inches and the weight is 4 pounds only.
9. Dyson DC50 Animal Vacuum
The Dyson DC50 Animal Vacuum is a lightweight uniquely designed vacuum cleaner with a round-shaped Ball Compact. This vacuum cleaner is bagless and the 2 tier radical cyclonic motion can capture any kind of dirt and particles across the floor and furniture. Let’s get to know all the features of this vacuum:
- Powerful suction: This vacuum cleaner can clean large areas by capturing all kinds of dust, debris, and pet hair. The suction works very smoothly and makes sure no dirt particles are left on the floor. It is designed to capture even the tiniest microscopic particles. You can use this machine on floors, carpets, furniture, kitchen counters and also on pet beds. This vacuum cleaner comes with an extra vacuum pipe which you can use to clean dirt from walls and ceilings.
- Versatility: The Dyson DC50 Animal Vacuum has a 25 ft long cord which makes it easier for you to use it in a larger distance. It is lightweight so you can easily carry it around the house and stairs too.
- Cleanability: This machine is bagless and you can easily drop the dirt after vacuuming.
- Product specifications: The dimensions of this product are 10.3 x 10.1 x 24.2 inches. The weight is 11.6 pounds and is available in two different colors – purple and iron. This product has a warranty of 5 years.
10. Shark ION F80 Multiflex
The Shark ION F80 Multiflex is a lightweight and cordless stick vacuum cleaner. This vacuum cleaner has a Duo cleaning system for carpets and hard floors (marble, laminate, vinyl plank flooring, hardwood, tile, etc). This vacuum cleaner is the best shark vacuum for vinyl plank floors. There are many interesting features about this vacuum:
- Multiflex convertible: This vacuum cleaner is one of the best cordless machines for cleaning dirt, pet hair, and bigger particles. The thin stick makes it easier for you to reach hard areas between and under the furniture. You can carry it around stairs and clean corners and edges of the house. You can also bend the wand to use it under the furniture and this is why it is called the Multiflex. Using a button you can also convert the machine into a hand vacuum and use it to clean walls and ceilings. This vacuum cleaner is like a multipurpose machine.
- Accessories included: The F80 model comes with a charging dock and 2 rechargeable and removable batteries (lithium-ion batteries). It has one powerhead and two brush rolls.
- Versatility: You can remove the batteries from the machine and charge it separately. If you use both the batteries the machine can run up to 80 minutes. It starts running as soon as you switch the battery. The flexibility and lightweight of this machine help you to clean the interior of the cabinets as well.
- Product Specifications: This lightweight vacuum cleaner weighs about 8.5 pounds and the dimensions are 13.43 x 10.24 x 45.98 inches. This model is available in two different colors – blue and gold. It has a warranty of 7 years.
11. Bissell 9595A CleanView Bagless Vacuum with OnePass
The Bissell 9595A is a lightweight bagless vacuum cleaner with cyclonic power suction. It has a unique brush design that can rotate and clean carpets and floors. This vacuum cleaner can be used to clean any kind of floors, furniture, carpets, etc. There are many more specials features of this vacuum:
- Multi-cyclonic system: The Bissell 9595A has a 25 ft long cord so you can move it around the house very easily. You can attach a crevice tool, extension, or dusting brush with this machine to clean fans and ceilings. It is very lightweight, easy to lift and carry around. You can use it between and under furniture. The multi-cyclonic system can separate dirt and particles to keep the filter clean all the time. You can use the turbo brush to vacuum sofas, beds and also use it inside cars.
- Efficiency: The powerful suction of this vacuum cleaner makes it easier for you to clean very tiny particles and also pet hair. This machine is featured with OnePass technology and works very fast on the initial pass. It can clean pet hair and keeps the carpets and furniture clean all the time. You can use this vacuuming machine to clean lamp shades and curtains as well.
- Cleanability:This vacuum cleaner has a turbo brush tool and the dirt cup has a capacity of 2.2 L. It is bagless with multi-level filtration and the dirt tank is made of foam which is washable. The filter tank is washable and you can clean it every time after operating it.
- Accessories included: This vacuum cleaner weighs about 15 pounds, you can easily carry it around and clean the house without too much physical pressure. The product dimensions are 12.5 x 13.5 x 44 inches. The 9595A model is available in four different colors – teal, purple, orange, and green.
12. Hoover UH72400
The Hoover UH72400 is an air steerable, lightweight vacuum cleaner for carpets and floors. If you have vinyl plank flooring at your home, you might be looking for safe vacuum cleaners that would not ruin the vinyl floors. This vacuum cleaner is safe for vinyl plank flooring and you can use it regularly for cleaning. This product is highly recommended for long term use. Let’s see some of its features:
- HEPA media filter: This machine has a strong suction of three different channels. It can capture and lift all kinds of dirt and debris, leaving no particles behind. It has a multi-floor brush that you can turn off or on while switching the machine from floor to carpets. The HEPA media filter helps to capture dust and germs and it can deep clean the carpets.
- Versatility: This model is an upright vacuum machine in which you can move around easily and clean every corner of the house thoroughly. It has its built-in-wand which you can detach or attach using a button. This machine is very lightweight, you can easily carry it around the house and lift up and down the stairs.
- Cleanability: It is bagless and you can rinse the filter easily and also reuse.
- Product specifications: The dimensions of this product are 13.3 x 11.3 x 37 inches. The weight is about 13 pounds and you can get is the item in grey color.
Best Vacuum For Vinyl Plank Floors- Buying Guide
What Are The Factors To Consider When Choosing The Best Vacuum For Vinyl Floors?
Choosing the right vacuum for vinyl floors can be a hard task because vinyl plank flooring is very sensitive. Using the wrong vacuums can damage the floor forever. Here are some factors to consider while choosing the best vacuum for vinyl floors –
- Check if the vacuum is suitable for vinyl plank floors. Not all vacuums are good for vinyl floors, before purchasing, please check if the machine supports vinyl plank floors.
- Check what kind of scrubber is included. The most important part of the vacuum is the scrubbing pad, because that mops the floor. If the scrubbing pad is harsh, your flooring is going to be ruined. Use vacuums that include soft scrubby pads or plain rubber wheels.
- Read the instructions for using the vacuum cleaner. Sometimes people buy machines without knowing how it works and then end up getting disappointed. Read the product features and instructions to see if it’s suitable for the job. Check the cord length, weight, power support, and decide if it is okay to use.
- Read some reviews. Before buying your desired vacuum cleaner, read some of its reviews. It will help you know the pros and cons and then you can decide if the product is best for you. You need to trust the product before purchasing it.
- Buy a vacuum that works for both vinyl plank floors and other flooring or carpets. It’s better to purchase a product that works for multiple purposes. Many types of vacuums come with different pads for vinyl floors, normal floors, carpets, etc. You can change the pads for different purposes.
- Keep options. Learn about a few types of vacuums and then try to judge which one is the best among all. Read the reviews, pros, and cons of each of the products and analyze which one suits best.
Why Is It Important To Use Vacuum Cleaners On Vinyl Floors?
Vacuuming floors and carpets are an important role in a household. If we want a clean and safe environment inside home, we need to keep our floors clean and germ-free. Vinyl floors are expensive and delicate, they need extra care and maintenance with proper cleaning. Here are a few reasons why it is important to use vacuum cleaners on vinyl floors-
- Safer method. We cannot clean vinyl floors by using any random technique because of its sensitivity. We can clean vinyl floors in a few safe ways and vacuuming is one of them. Using the right vacuum cleaner is less likely to damage vinyl floors. Random mops or brooms can leave scratches on vinyl floors and ruin its texture permanently.
- Removes dirt and germs. Floors usually have a lot of dirt and germs on it, which we cannot see. Using vacuum cleaner on vinyl floors once in a while, will keep it clean and save the household from invisible germs.
- Vacuuming vinyl plank floors make it look shinier and fresh. Vinyl floors imitate wood which looks very elegant inside homes. It is important to protect the beauty and texture of vinyl floors by keeping it clean all the time. Every time you vacuum a vinyl floor, the texture and surface look new and shiny.
- Using vacuum cleaners on the vinyl floor is easier. It might be a difficult job to mop vinyl floors carefully by using hand mops. It takes a while and a lot of energy. Vacuum cleaners, on the other hand, work like a robot and you can clean the entire floor with very less effort.
- Vacuuming increases the lifespan of vinyl floors. Even though vinyl floors look like wood, the life span of this flooring is not as long as real woods. Vinyl plank flooring has a shorter lifespan and it needs proper care to live long. Vacuuming vinyl floors and keeping it clean can increase the lifespan and make it survive longer than expected.
How To Maintain A Vacuum For The Vinyl Floor?
If you have vinyl flooring, it is important to take care of and maintain the vacuum that you use. If you want your vacuum cleaner to work properly without damaging your vinyl plank flooring, you have to know the proper tips for maintaining it. Here are a few tips to maintain a vacuum for vinyl floor –
- Try to vacuum regularly. The best way of maintaining the vinyl floor is by vacuuming regularly. People do not vacuum every day, some prefer doing it once in a while which is okay. Vacuuming every day is just better for the vinyl floors to remain fresh and shiny all the time.
- Clean the pads and wheels of your vacuum. If the pads or wheels of a vacuum cleaner are dirty, there is no point in cleaning the floor. Before cleaning the vinyl floors with vacuum, make sure the pads and wheels are fresh and clean. You can use apple cider vinegar solution or warm water to clean the pads or wheels.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals. People often use many kinds of chemical products on the floors and vacuum it afterward. Remember, not every product is suitable for vinyl floors. It is better not to use any chemical products, instead use steam vacuum cleaners or just vinegar to clean and vacuum vinyl floors.
- Remove debris or loose dirt before vacuuming. Before using vacuum cleaners on vinyl floors you should always dust or remove any kind of loose particles from the floor. This will make it easier for you to vacuum the floor smoothly. Loose dirt can get stuck into the vacuum’s scrubby pads or wheels.
- Do not keep your vacuum cleaner plugged in after you are done vacuuming. Overheating your vacuum cleaner can be harmful for the vinyl floors. You should not wait long before operating it while plugged in, or, leave it on after you are done. Do not wait for more than 30 minutes after plugging in your vacuum cleaner.
What Is The Difference Between Vinyl Plank And Laminate Flooring?
People often get confused between a vinyl plank and laminate flooring. If you think they are the same, it is wrong. Vinyl plank flooring and laminating floor are two different things. There are some main differences between vinyl plank and laminate flooring-
- Vinyl plank flooring is more sensitive to damage than laminate flooring. Once a vinyl floor is damaged, it cannot be repaired. If laminate flooring is damaged, there are a few ways to repair it back to its normal stage.
- Vinyl plank floors are waterproof but laminate flooring is not. This is a very important factor to consider while choosing between these two floorings because we often spill water or liquid on the floor. Laminate flooring can have water stains or even absorb liquid which is a big disadvantage.
- Laminate flooring has a greater lifespan than vinyl plank flooring in general, unless you use very expensive vinyl planks. The texture of vinyl plank flooring can fade more quickly than laminate flooring.
- Once you install vinyl plank flooring, you might need to add layers to protect the floor. Vinyl plank flooring is very delicate. On the other hand, once you laminate floors, you don’t need new layers to protect it.
- Vinyl plank flooring is more resistant to moisture than laminate flooring even though vinyl floors are sensitive. Laminate flooring can swell up very easily due to moisture.
- Vinyl planks are very easy to install without using any padding or glue. It is very easy to remove as well. But in the case of laminate flooring, there is certain underlayment used while installing it. While removing laminate flooring, you have to use tools and equipment.
- If laminate flooring gets damaged by any chance, it is possible to treat the area using some methods. But if vinyl plank flooring gets damaged, there is no way to repair it unless you take the entire flooring off and install new ones.
How To Clean Vinyl Plank Flooring?
It is very important to be careful while cleaning vinyl floors. Vinyl floors need extra care because of the sensitivity and delicacy. Use suitable good cleaning machines for vinyl plank flooring. There are a few good ways to clean vinyl plank flooring-
- Dust or mop every day. Vinyl plank flooring is very prone to scratches and loose particles may leave scratches on the floor. It is good to dust the vinyl flooring now and then to keep it safe from harsh particles.
- Vacuum regularly. Regular vacuum cleaning is needed to keep the vinyl flooring germ free and protect its texture. Germs can be harmful for both the flooring and household. If you have pets at home, it is important to vacuum the floors every day.
- Treat stains quickly. If you spill something on a vinyl floor, it is best to remove it quickly to save the texture from fading. Stubborn or sticky stains can be hard to remove and you cannot even scrub the floor because of scratches. It is better if you remove the stain before it gets hard and sticky.
- Use apple cider vinegar solution for mopping. You can mop vinyl floors by using warm water with apple cider vinegar. This works as a great solution for cleaning vinyl floors and you do not need any other harsh chemical products. Make sure you use soft pads to mop vinyl flooring.
- In case you do not have anything to clean the vinyl floor, you can use mild dishwasher mixed with warm water to clean the vinyl plank flooring.
Sanitize the vinyl plank flooring. Sanitize your vinyl floors regularly to kill germs and use the scented ones to make your home smell fresh all the time. You won’t even need air freshener if your floor smells great all the time.
Related Post: What is the best way to clean laminate floors?
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it safe to use a Swiffer on Vinyl Plank Flooring?
Using a Swiffer is a safe option for vinyl plank flooring. A Swiffer is designed to clean delicate floors and vinyl plank flooring needs careful maintenance to prevent damage. Well, you should remember that using Swiffer very often might not be a good idea. Your vinyl plank flooring can be damaged soon if you don’t perform the cleaning procedure correctly. Make sure you know how to use a Swiffer before trying to clean vinyl plank floors.
2. Is the cleaning process of luxury vinyl plank floors same?
You’ll need to be more careful with the luxury ones. Vinyl plank flooring is very delicate and you need to maintain it very carefully, especially the luxury ones. You should vacuum vinyl plank floors once in a while and sanitize to keep it away from germs. If you get stains on vinyl plank flooring, you should try to remove it quickly.
3. Can we use Roomba to clean vinyl plank flooring?
You can use a Roomba on vinyl plank floors only if the wheels are made of soft rubber or pads. Not all Roomba vacuums include soft rubber, some of them might have harsh pads which can ruin the surface of the vinyl plank floors. Before you use a Roomba, check the wheels very carefully and also follow the instructions while using it on vinyl plank floors.
4. What is the best way to clean vinyl plank floors?
You can clean vinyl plank floors in many ways but you need to know the correct procedures. Vinyl plank floorings are very sensitive and delicate and if you clean it the wrong way, it might cause damage that cannot be repaired. The best way to clean vinyl plank flooring is by using vacuums with soft wheels and scrubber. Make sure you don’t accidentally leave scratches on vinyl plank floors.
5. Are steam mopssuitable for vinyl plank floors?
Yes, steam mops are very good for vinyl plank flooring because of its natural power of killing germs. If you use a steam mop on vinyl plank floors, you would not have to use any kind of cleaning product. This will save your floor from getting harmed by harsh chemicals that are found in cleaning products. Choose steam mops with soft scrubby pads on vinyl plank floors.
6. How to deep clean vinyl plank flooring?
As vinyl plank flooring is very delicate, it is better not to try multiple methods to clean it. Once you damage it, the flooring cannot be repaired. The best way to deep clean vinyl plank flooring is by using apple cider vinegar on it. Remove dirt and vacuum the floor before using the vinegar. Later mop the floor with steam vacuum or warm water.
Vinyl Plank flooring can be easy to maintain if we do it the correct way. People who do not have proper knowledge about cleaning vinyl plank floors sometimes end up damaging them. It is important to use the right method and the right vacuum machine to clean vinyl plank floorings. We can increase the lifespan of vinyl plank floorings by taking good care of it and keeping it germ-free.
There are several brands and several types of vacuum cleaners but it’s difficult to know if they are reliable. It is a great hassle to search each of them and look for reviews. Well, this article is going to make it very easier for you to decide the best vacuum for vinyl plank floors. The 12 best vacuums for vinyl plank floors reviews will help you to choose a suitable one. All of these vacuums are best sellers and highly recommended!